St Michael and All Angels has a striking 15th-century tower which stands prominently on its escarpment. The remainder of the church is mainly a 19th-century rebuild (in fact it was completely rebuilt twice!), pleasingly undertaken, with some older features incorporated.
In the Chancel there’s the notable alabaster tomb of Thomas Spencer of Althorpe (died 1630) on one side, while on the other is a memorial to Sir Francis Galton FRS (died 1911) who is buried in the churchyard.
Claverdon church, which is carpeted throughout, is a much loved and well-used community church, an oasis of peace for villagers and visitors alike.